Wednesday, November 18, 2009

So Check out my Thrift Store Finds!



So on Saturday Maryn and I were on our way back from Arrowhead mall and she and Mallory had been talking about making snow globes. So I told Maryn that I would stop at my favorite thrift store, the Salvation Army on Grand and the 101 to look for things to put inside the globes.
But while I was there I found a lamp that was so similar to the lamp I had been looking at at HomeGoods that I couldn't believe it. It was the same color, same style, (it had glass for the body) and it was a large lamp. And the best part was it was only $7.77. BUT WAIT, it was 50% off day so I got it for $3.88 which is amazing. The lamp I wanted at HomeGoods was $60 and I just couldn't bring myself to it. Thank Heavens! And then I had been looking at a simple modern lamp for Ethan's room at HomeGoods but it was $30 and because it wasn't a very big lamp I didn't think it was that good of a deal but I found him one as well. And with the 50% off his lamp was only $2.50. After buying the two lamps and a little teddy bear Christmas figurine for Maryn's snowglobe, I made it out of there spending just under $7. AWESOME!




This is Ethan's Lamp

2 comments:

Katie said...

GREAT job Jac! I've always loved your home decor and been envious of your awesome talent of finding good deals.

Help me decorate my boys room!? :)

What's for dinner? said...

I love thrift store finds! I found a little girls pink beach cruiser bike for $8 one day and it was in perfect condition!